Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Closing up shop?

My apologies for the lack of posts since the summer. After I returned to Arizona in August, I've had a hard time getting motivated to climb out here. It certainly hasn't helped that the heat only finally dissipated a few weeks ago, which meant that for the past four months one had to either drive 5 hours to Flagstaff to climb or stick to climbing at the summit of Mt. Lemmon, which is fun from time to time but not so great that I'm inclined to spend every weekend up there. (By the way, anyone who tells you they've made the drive to Flagstaff from Tucson in under 5 hours is exaggerating considerably or got lucky once with no traffic in Phoenix and no highway construction nor accidents on I-10 or I-17). In any case, there hasn't been much to write about recently and I don't expect there to be, at least until the spring, when I have some trips planned which will take me out of the Tucson area and into some more interesting (climbing-wise) environs. I may revive this blog around then to post photos and so on. Until then...

No comments: